Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix not playing episodes

Jump to solution

Just FYI - I did this already and Netflix says to contact Roku. Not sure which service has the problem, but it looks bad for both Netflix and Roku.  Might be worth having devs look into it in order to help Netflix resolve the problem. 

mwavsa

Jump to solution

I can’t watch Netflix on any of my Roku devices (have 4 2 Roku Express and 2 Roku Streming Stick ),  when trying to load a show, the buffering of Netflix stops at 25%. I had unplugged it, update software, update Netflix, and nothing works. Not once in any device. It was working well until 2 or 3 days ago. Anyone have any fixes for this?

0 Kudos
Judy2518

Jump to solution

Netflix won’t play on any of my roku’s. I think I am going to cancel my Netflix subscription because they can’t help me either. 

0 Kudos
AKessler86
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Did you ever figure it out? Having the exact same issue the past several days on multiple Roku devices. I have restarted my Roku, restarted router, signed out/in, uninstalled/reinstalled, changed PW, removed all devices and still no luck

0 Kudos
meb123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only thing I’ve figured out so far is to use a different device until Roku fixes their issue. Netflix works fine on all other devices.

AKessler86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've got a chromecast laying around here somewhere, guess I'll go that route. Thanks for the quick response

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

It is possible that there may have been an outage yesterday that affected channel connectivity. Can you please do the following now:

1. Remove the channel, restart your device, then re-add. 
    • Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Restart your Roku device: Go to Settings System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
    • After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  2. Check for a channel update.
    • Navigate to Settings > System > System update > Check now.
  3. See if you are still seeing the issue occur.

If the same issue persists, please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

I followed the steps requested and continue to have the same problem.   Requested information below in italics

• Roku device model Model 4200X - Roku 3
  • Serial number: 1GU470095511
  • Device ID ?
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About10.5.0 build 4208-04
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) Netflix Version 4.2 build 98018451
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) 11-034-204
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - open netflix.  Try to play any show (resume, cast from device, play from episode, etc.).  progress ring will stall at either 0% or 25%.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
badhill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Roku device model 4640 RW Roku Ultra 
  • Serial number. YP00DE840274
  • Device ID. ADC73D840274
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About). 10.5  Build 4208-29
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button). Netflix. Version 4.2. Build 98079450
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times). Not sure 
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Open Netflix app from roku ultra, attempt to play an episode of a show, episode will not start and progresses from 0 to 25%
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
  • Roku device model: 3810x - Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Serial number: YH00HJ643350
  • Device ID: 2130AH643350
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About😞 Version 10.5.0    
    Build 4208-50
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button): Only occurs in Netflix 
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): 50-034-752
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Go into Netflix and choose any episode to watch hit play and it will either stop at 0% or get up to 25% and stop.
0 Kudos