Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKUViewer210166
Level 8

Re: Movieland Tv disappeared?

Jump to solution

"available IF you have a roku device not tied to an account" - What does that mean?

Mountain logo - Thanks, but not on my Roku. That channel has very limited selection (mostly B flicks), doesn't offer Cannonball Run, nor any of the movies I wanted to watch on MovieLandTV.  

Firestick: Check the Amazon reviews... bad, app probs.

(sigh)

0 Kudos
stuphoto
Level 8

Re: Movieland TV works on integrated Roku Tvs, but not Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick +

Jump to solution

I agree with the above post.

Once I got it to work, no ads and no bills.

Can't complain about that.

As for Cannonball Run, it did have some issues running on my system and some movies wouldn't load at all. So I can't call the channel perfect. But I was happy just watching some of the movies.

I am hoping they are working on another version that works better.

I am on the road for the week, so I don't know if I still have it.

0 Kudos
RKUViewer210166
Level 8

Re: Movieland Tv disappeared?

Jump to solution

Was able to at least get a few movies in before they yanked it.... Name of the Rose (a film nobody seems to have, with excellent performances by Sean Connery, Christian Slater, F. Murray Abraham and Ron Perlman), Amadeus, Enemy Mine, Blade Runner, Godfather, Spartacus, Lady Hawke, Dune, Clash of the Titans, The Abyss, with a bunch of others I still wanted to see. The audio tanked on North by Northwest, My Fair Lady, so wasn't able to watch those.

The reason this channel was so good, IMO, was that it offered more of the films that were of the era of actual "story telling" (think Lassa Hallstrom), instead of just what most push, being special effects overload and lacking in plot/story telling.

=/

FaithTrust
Level 8

Re: Movieland TV wont load movies. A scam?

Jump to solution

Oh look, roku responded!

0 Kudos
cuznbrian
Level 8

Re: Movieland tv

Jump to solution

so sad to see this channel deleted from lineup ...not sure how it was ever created...great movies, some not available anywhere else  but on this channel..it was a 'hit and miss'  on what worked, for example...Grease was not in english..., kudos to the creator of this channel...some people could not process that this channel was basically an experiment...so to the creator of this channel that 50% percent of the movies worked for free with no commercials...thank you...I got to watch a few great movies for free with no commercials such as...It's a Mad,Mad, Mad World, Short Circuit, Die Hard, The Last Starfighter, Doctor Dolittle, My Fair Lady, The Great Race, Foul Play...and a movie absolutely not avaleable anywhere else but here for FREE was a classic 'The April Fools' ...so a big 'thank you' in this world full of scams I really appreciated your channel while it lasted...don't give up.

cuznbrian
Level 8

Jump to solution

get a life fool, thanks for ruining this for the more intellegigent.

cuznbrian
Level 8

Jump to solution

if a movie is not available anywhere but this channel...then who is losing out when it is deleted?

0 Kudos
loufuddrucker3
Level 9

Jump to solution

They killed it

0 Kudos
chht
Level 9

Jump to solution

still playing on the roku  premiere+ sticks

0 Kudos
ceresmary206
Level 9

Re: Movieland TV works on integrated Roku Tvs, but not Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick +

Jump to solution

Well we have a ROKU 2 and now nothing shows up other than search and a thumbnail picture of Movieland.  I am assuming it's gone or corrupted either way we shall miss it.  It had great shows when they worked.