Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Plus error 42, Discover Plus error after 10.5.0 software update

i am having an issue with  Disney + and discovery + Disney +  error 42 : we're sorry we are having trouble connecting you to the service please check internet connection i am using a wired connection running about 93 Mpbs so internet connection is good did a factory re-set no luck  also everything is really slow now

Discovery + "sorry there was an error playing back DRM protected content (i am signed in to my account

Model 4662R Roku Ultra Lt

s/n VJOOH7670612

software version 10.5.0 build 4201.6

0 Kudos
tdraghi
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus error 42, Discover Plus error after 10.5.0 software update

I too am getting 42 errors since an IOS update a few days ago.  I have a TCL roku TV running 10.5.0 - 4201-30.

0 Kudos
slowgoing

Need help with Disney+ error code 42

My TCL Roku tv works but Disney Plus will not connect from here. Keep gettting the same Error Code 42

0 Kudos

Re: Disney Plus not working

tcl 6 series here. Disney plus won’t go beyond the boot screen (error code 42). Recommended next step is check internet connection. Prime video also displaying same symptoms. Netflix works fine for me as well. 

The issue just started today. Yesterday everything was working fine. I cannot delete the channel like on some other devices but everything I have tried, including a hard reset of tv, has changed nothing. 

0 Kudos
Ludious
Channel Surfer

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

Same exact tv and same exact problem.

I’ve removed and readded the channel both before and after a system restart. Tried a system update. No update needed.  I cut power to the tv for a minute. I’ve done everything but a factory reset which I should not have to do for one app not working. Hoping for a solution. 

0 Kudos
pscarbor
Binge Watcher

Re: Disney Plus not working

So just wondering - did this correct the buffering issue? I dropped Disney Plus a few months ago since both Roku and Disney just pointed fingers at each other and neither would take ownership of the buffering issue. Seems this is a constant problem for Disney Plus users on Roku.

0 Kudos
Tymoo22

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

Having the same exact problem with my TCL Roku TV, both wired or wireless I get an error 42 as of some point this weekend. I can access Disney plus on the same network with other devices with no problem at all. 

Netflix works for sure; the settings internet checks on the roku settings also pass with 40mbps down. 

0 Kudos
Kkelso89
Reel Rookie

My HD Streaming Player 3032RD and our Roku Stick are both having the error 42 issues

0 Kudos
tdraghi
Reel Rookie

on about 11/22 the issue stopped happening for me.  i have not had a chance to veirfy if another update was pushed.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

Have you tried removing the affected channels then re-install them? If not, we suggest starting there. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos