Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrroxesq
Reel Rookie

Re: DISNEY + ERROR 42, DICOVER + ERROR AFTER 10.5.0 SOFWARE UPDATE

UK user here with a hisense Roku TV, tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.

why don't Roku just roll the software back, it's clear the update has caused issues.

0 Kudos
Gkulicki
Channel Surfer

Dear Roku Engineers,

It has been over two months.  You can see people leaving Roku because you choose to ignore the problem.  I don’t want to leave but I have bought 2 Fire Sticks because of your reluctance to work this issue.

If you are smart, you would move this in your queue of issues to #1 before you lose even more customers.

0 Kudos
Cappi29
Channel Surfer

So, I amon board with the the masses and cannot rely on the "we will update you" BS

Fire stick is my next stop. Customer service needs corrected with Roku

0 Kudos

I have the same problem, when will you solve it? 

0 Kudos
DisPeggy
Binge Watcher

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

Same here.  After the 10.5.0 update, it broke the ability for my Echo Dot to control both my TCL Roku TV's and I am unable to load the Disney+ app on either TV or my Roku 4K+ streaming box.  Would love to roll back to 10.0.  Does anyone know how to do that?  Roku Engineers keep asking for more info but our escalated support tickets have that data, they just don't know how to fix these issues I guess.  I know I have offered to assist but I get no response from Roku...

0 Kudos
DisPeggy
Binge Watcher

Agreed.  The lack of communication (along with the lack of a solution) is a big problem here.  Tell us what is going on and when we can expect a fix!!

0 Kudos

Can you please provide a step-by-step on how you went about doing this? I have been without Disney+ on my Roku since October (it is the only app that won't load and gives Error Code 42 every time). I'm at a loss and am trying anything/everything, but I need to know how to do it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

As previously stated, we are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brojerry
Channel Surfer

I have a ROKU Express 3930RW at software build 10.5.

I have tried the system update/update now and all it says is I am up to date. How can I roll this back? It happens on both of my devices.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a ROKU Express 3930RW at software build 10.5.

Update installs the most recent versions of your Roku operating system and channel apps.   What problem are you having that causes you to want to roll back?  Maybe we can help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos