Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Disney Plus Error Code 42

Mine started working a little over a month ago after Tech team got information,  as well as Frndly and Hulu.  No new problems.

0 Kudos
JennB
Reel Rookie

@renojim , we have Verizon Fios. I may give it a shot since it still isn’t working even after an update was sent to my roku. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ldmk
Reel Rookie

Roku playing Disney plus inconsistently. In some cases, app works if I shut down everything and unplug roku before using. Many times there is repeated buffering. Also experiencing time out errors, error code 042, etc and unable to use app at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @ldmk
Thank you for the inquiry.

Does the issue only occur on Disney Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Disney Plus and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Javier7
Reel Rookie

Hey,

Disney plus often stops working on Roku, there is nothing to worry about it, This can be easily solved by updating your disney plus app, if your disney plus app is updated then check your Roku, it is updated or not. 

My problem was solved just by updating it 

0 Kudos