Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

Re: I have a ROKU Express 3930RW at software build 10.5.

Why does ROKU only have 2 people for tech support? The only people responding to our problem is Mary and Danny and all they do is keep asking the same questions over and over.  I have come to the conclusion after over 2 months of placating these so called "engineering teams" don't exist or they are farmed out to people overseas that don't care.  I have canceled Frndly, Disney+, Peacock and Discovery+ over the last 2 months because they won't work properly on ROKU.  Next on my list is closing my ROKU account and jumping over to a Firestick 4K.  Very Disappointed in their customer service.

DisPeggy
Binge Watcher

I agree with you.  Was excited to own a Roku box (3 of them) in addition to my FireTV devices but, now that Amazon is selling TVs, will try to sell my TCL Roku device and buy a new FireTV Omni version.  Let see, Amazon support or Roku support, NOT EVEN CLOSE.  You can get a real live person 24/7 at Amazon and they will try to help you with anything you ask them, even if it isn't in their wheelhouse.

ROKU, it's time to get it together and either fix the bugs in 10.5.0 or LET US ROLL BACK TO 10.0 if we want to.  YOU BROKE OUR DEVICES.  How is this acceptable?

brojerry
Channel Surfer

• ROKU Device Information

Device InfoDevice Info

• Channel Information Disney Plus Ver 1.17 – Build 2021120900
  • Note – I ran check for updates and it was up to date already.

Disney Plus InfoDisney Plus Info

• Tracker ID Information NU-029-620

Tracker InfoTracker Info

Thank you,

Jerry Taylor

ONCE AGAIN, HERE IS ALL THE INFORMATION YOU REQUESTED FROM ME. DOES ANYONE AT ROKU CARE ABOUT THE USERS PROBLEM? PEGGY HAS BEEN MORE HELP THAN ANYONE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO PROCEED. AT MINIMUM, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP OR NOT GOING TO HELP. 

0 Kudos
jwhaley
Reel Rookie

Maybe the answer is to complain to Disney and let them know you will be canceling due to Roku not working.  I have the same issue with ESPN too so I am sure it affects a lot of people

0 Kudos
DisPeggy
Binge Watcher

I like your thinking there.  A big company would certainly have more pull. The big problem is for these issues there is a lot of room for finger-pointing to others saying "it's not our fault".  But, the successful companies would step up and take control and fix these issues, whether they are directly responsible or not.

My biggest complaint isn't with the many apps and features that the 10.5.0 upgrade seemed to break, but with the total lack of communication that we have with tech support.  Other companies (let's mention Amazon for one) allows consumers to talk/chat/email them for support on any of their products for as long as you own them (from my personal experience).  This allows for direct feedback of them understanding what is wrong along with their attempts to fix the problem.  We can't even get Roku to let us know they are working the issues, give us an idea if the issues are widespread and let us know if they are working on them. Lack of communication is my biggest concern and don't blame that one on COVID.  If your company hasn't figured out how to be productive in this environment by now, there is no hope.

Again, I know I can blame myself for buying a Roku enabled product over a solution from another vendor (specifically Amazon).  I was under the impression when I purchased that Roku was a large player in this market and would take care of me as a customer, not break the functionality of my product and leave me hanging here (now for over two months).  My bad.

MAW2

Roku express4k+ error 42 Disney plus

The first 2 weeks of having our Roku it worked great. All the sudden we can’t access Disney+ and we get error 42. My son can play Disney +  on his Xbox perfectly. No tech support to call? Did a factory restart still not good. Cleared the cache. Is there a fix to this issue? At this point I would tell any friend to run from Roku for a lack of tech support. Any idea’s?

0 Kudos
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku express4k+ error 42 Disney plus

This is my idea.  After struggling with ROKU for over 2 months I bought an Amazon Firestick 4K. Just got delivered a few hours ago. I have been using ROKU for a few years. Now they seem to be so big they don't care about the customers. I had faith in them but it is gone, now it is time to cut my losses.

0 Kudos
DisPeggy
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku express4k+ error 42 Disney plus

Interesting approach.  I did almost the same thing today.  I took my 50" Roku TV that has been jacked up ever since the 10.5.0 upgrade and moved it out on the porch and brought in the Insignia 50" FireTV and, after about 5 minutes of setup, TV powers on / off with Echo Dot and all apps load and work correctly.

So Roku, is this what it has come to?  Are you forcing us to replace our Roku Devices that your 10.5.0 software upgrade mangled and replace them with Amazon enabled units?

I did talk with Amazon support today (wow, what a concept, you call them up and within a minute you get someone that is ready to help) and he said that for a month or so they have been aware of problems with Roku devices not being able to be properly controlled by Alexa.  Again Roku engineers, are we ever going to address these issues or let us downgrade to what was a working 10.0.0 version of the software?

trluethje
Channel Surfer

Roku 4230x Disney Plus Not working

I have two different Roku 4230x (3rd generation from 2015, so older models). Each Roku comes up with Error Code 42 (can't connect to WiFi).  All other channels/apps work fine.  I have gone through several different troubleshooting steps, restarts, channel removals, etc., none are working. I have a newer Roku as well, and Disney Plus still works just fine on that one.  Curious if it is because these are older Roku models, even though they still say they're compatible? Disney Plus has always worked on them until about December 2021.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 4230x Disney Plus Not working

Hello @trluethje

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing Disney Plus? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos