Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: DISNEY + ERROR 42, DICOVER + ERROR AFTER 10.5.0 SOFWARE UPDATE

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We're aware of the issue. If you are still experiencing the issue with the channel having an error code of " 42", please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

We've been helping you for 3 MONTHS. How many tracker reports do you need? Oh, you're just trying to placate users and buy more time, gotcha. Tell your bosses it's time to hire competent software engineers. Multiple paid services not working for months on your platform. If it can't even do the basic core job the device is intended for for over 3 MONTHS people tend to stop trusting said devices and the people behind them. Several of us here have switched gear and will advise others to switch gear. The period of good will waiting on roku to fix YET ANOTHER problem they caused is over. The amount of money Roku commands and this pitiful level of technical understanding, or customer service is utterly disgraceful. 20+ years ago this company wouldn't survive an experience like this. Happy New Year all! Have a misbehaving Roku? Wouldn't it feel great to blow it up with fireworks at midnight?

HOW IS IT THAT TECHNICAL PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF, SOFTWARE ENGINEERS ETC TOLD YOU TWO MONTHS AGO THAT ROKUS NETWORK DNS PROTOCOLS ARE BROKEN AND THE ISSUE LIES SOMEWHERE IN THAT PIPELINE? We spoon fed you the answer to the problem your firmware broke. Shameful 

startled_steve
Reel Rookie

It started working for me one day last week so I assumed there was an update.

This is bonkers Roku. It's not hard to get pcaps and see the difference between it working and not. 

This fix should take HOURS, not months. 

Anyone have experience with Android TVs? 

0 Kudos
Lug77
Reel Rookie

I also have the same issue. After about a month of it, Disney+ started to work while I was on with Roku support.  They had me check for updates again. Of course, no update available. But then it started to work. The build was 4210.  After about a week, the error returned, still at the same build number.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
justinone

My Disney+ and Vudu apps are not working. Disney+ has the error 42 and Vudu error 35. I have restarted the device and uninstalled/reinstalled the apps. This is really aggravating--please come up with a solution soon. 

0 Kudos
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

Same problem.  Bought new Roku Utra.  Talked with Tech Support.  Got nowhere. I can watch Disney+ on my computer, VIZIO TV and FIRE 7 but not on ROKU.

0 Kudos
tnsquint
Reel Rookie

Brand new Roku.  Getting error 42 when attempting to watch Disney+
Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000je0aj7 (S02A219E0AJ7)
Software version: 10.5.0 build 4208-C2
Timestamp 2022-01-09T20:01:50Z

ID J7-012-721

I have uninstalled & reinstalled Disney+ channel.  logged out of all devices (Disney+), rebooted Roku, checked for Roku update, and still get the error.  Channel worked fine on my older Roku unit.  
Please assist.  My kids are EXTREMELY unhappy......

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

The problem has been here for over 3 months (yes, literally) so unless you want to keep waiting I'd suggest you return the roku and get another brand of steaming device. Just FYI 

0 Kudos
tnsquint
Reel Rookie

I've had roku units for many years.  It is what it is.  Didn't realize this issue existed, until well after I purchased the device.  Simply posting to log my having the same issue, just in case this goes farther.

0 Kudos