Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cleamon

Re: Disney Plus still not working

I need to rollback from 10.5 - many things are not working, specifically Disney+
4200X - Roku 3

1GS3DK039873
10.5.0 build 4208-04

Thank. you

0 Kudos

Re: Disney Plus still not working

All it appears DNS is the issue, at least it was for me, either set your device to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 unfortunately I can't set DNS directly on my decive (tcl roku) but I configured my router to give out 8.8.8.8 as DNS 1 and 1.1.1.1 as DNS 2 and then it started working.

0 Kudos

Re: OS 10.5 Disney Plus playback issue

Try changing your dns settings to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, that's what worked for me

0 Kudos
Tommmy

Re: OS 10.5 Disney Plus playback issue

I changed the DNS on my router but this did not solve the issue for me. I had to connect my Roku Streaming Stick to a mobile hotspot to get D+ to load. Once I was able to load via hotspot, I could switch back to my home network. Tried all troubleshooting steps above but this is what actually fixed my specific issue, for now at least.

Version 1.17 Build 2021120900

Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos
Fauster71

Re: DISNEY + ERROR 42, DICOVER + ERROR AFTER 10.5.0 SOFWARE UPDATE

It is my understanding an update can be rolled back to solve this issue.  Can you provide information on how to do that?  

thanks

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

It only lasts a couple of days and then your unit is going to update itself back to the broken firmware. It's only useful for testing which all of us did months ago and Roku still hasn't fixed. Consider exchanging your roku and going with a different brand of you can. This company leaves things broken for MONTHS at a time. I've had several problems now that took over 3 months to resolve. You can go to settings, system, update and manually click it. That may roll you back. If not, look into secret menus. There's an update in one of those. Take it from me though, you're just going to be even more miffed in a couple of days when it breaks again. Never buying Roku again unfortunately after years of being a customer. Last 2 years has been a real disaster of them breaking their own stuff and just hoping everyone is fine with it. 

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Additionally, since I wasn't clear- you can only rollback the one time. So don't fool yourself into thinking you'll just rollback over and over until they decide to act on the data CUSTOMERS PROVIDED FOR THEM. 

0 Kudos
usjlop945
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working - Error Code 42

It has gotten completely ridiculous. I have followed the recommendation from each Roku and Disney and nothing works permanently with this link. I did get a reimbursement for a month subscription however that changed into intended two months in the past

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the posts.
We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gkulicki
Channel Surfer

The changes suggested didn’t work for me either.  I’ve begun replacing my roku’s with fire sticks.  Amazon will take the roku’s as a trade.  

It’s been long enough Roku.