Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TroyW
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus error 42, Discover Plus error after 10.5.0 software update

So I am going to have to take back the DNS comments that my DNS was working fine...on a whim I went to OpenDNS and verified their DNS servers and they had changed them and my first one was no longer working.  So the fallback to secondary did not work (that one was ok).  So mine is working now.  Didn't know they changed them until I looked today.  So there still is a Disney+ issue with DNS fallback.  

Gkulicki
Channel Surfer

Re: DISNEY + ERROR 42, DICOVER + ERROR AFTER 10.5.0 SOFWARE UPDATE

Has anyone seen any feedback from Roku or Disney+ on this?  Since this is the only app that isn’t working on Roku, they should be taking responsibility to fix this issue.  How many people would actually know to dig that deep to figure this out?  I’m assuming not very many.

Musoka
Roku Guru

Better question, why are technical customers figuring this stuff out for Rokus engineers? Been Broken for how long now and it took a conversation between us here to understand the nature of the issue. And the response from Roku still? *crickets*

Heavensangle08
Reel Rookie

Disney+ not working on any of my 5 roku tvs. Shows error 42. Netflix and other apps work just fine. I have deleted disney+ and restarted the devices. Then added disney+ back. I have unplugged all 5 devices for 15 minutes. I have master reset all 5 devices. I have checked software updates and app updates on all 5 devices. Disney+ still will not work on any of the 5 different roku devices and still shows the same error 42 message

0 Kudos
Alpo_28

Re: Need help with Disney+ error code 42

Hey! Has there been a fix yet? Super frustrated that I’m paying for a service that I can’t use. Also I have no idea how to fix that dns mess. Can somehow explain how to do that? Thanks 

0 Kudos
hojo1690
Reel Rookie

Just a "Me too" on the Primary DNS problem.  I run two PiHoles, and my primary had failed.  I hadn't noticed since the secondary works fine.  I switched the order of the two, so my working PiHole was my primary DNS, and Disney+ came right back.  Now I just have to fix my other PiHole, but that's for another day.

0 Kudos
hojo1690
Reel Rookie

Fixing the DNS depends on your home network setup.  You'll just have to poke around your home router settings and see if you find a "DNS" section.  It might also be a subsection in the DHCP settings.  

0 Kudos
mnye01
Reel Rookie

@Alpo_28 wrote:

Hey! Has there been a fix yet? Super frustrated that I’m paying for a service that I can’t use. Also I have no idea how to fix that dns mess. Can somehow explain how to do that? Thanks 

@Alpo_28 What router do you have?

0 Kudos
Heavensangle08
Reel Rookie

They said they would send an update and that would fix it. I received the new update for Disney + and it still did not fix it. I don't know how to do the dsn either. So I'm paying for a service that I can't use and that roku apparently is not going to fix. 

0 Kudos
startled_steve
Reel Rookie

Like everyone here, I've had this issue for a while now.

I updated to Version 1.17 build 2021120900 but still get the error. I can confirm it's not DNS/Network issue as on the same network I can open the D+ app on my android tablet, and cast it to the chromecast on the TV just fine. I also did a packet capture while trying to launch on Roku and on my tablet where D+ works just fine. it's reaching Disney's servers in AWS, I don't see anything past that.

0 Kudos