Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

As I and others have already requested, please just give us the means to roll back to 10.0 until you've had the time to test and debug the 10.5 release.  That would instantly resolve the issue.  It's been almost 2 months now.  The lack of response is extremely frustrating.

Musoka
Roku Guru

Daily reminder- it's been nearly a month since roku broke my now right at one year old TV with untested firmware. Disney+, paramount+, signal strength, and the ONN (TV guide) are all broken now. 10.5 broke this all, rolling back to 10.0 fixed it. Unfortunately roku automatically updates and took me back, now there is no option to rollback. When I first bought the TV black squares would flash on screen. Turns out that was messed up tcon firmware. The fact that roku doesn't seem to care they have broken not just the product I paid them for, but have locked me out of using paid services on their device is totally unacceptable. DEMANDING a rollback option for my TV IMMEDIATELY. And, know that the lack of concern, responses, or any kind of action now have me on a quest to recommend AGAINST Roku. It didn't have to be this way. Your service is a joke. 

Musoka
Roku Guru

Daily reminder- Roku broke who knows how many of their products with a bad firmware update weeks/months ago (depending on model) and so far are not rolling back affected broken sets. Signal strength is botched causing ota TV hard to watch, the in set program guide no longer populates any data, Disney+ and paramount+ (paid services) are broken for many of us. Rolling back firmware fixed these issues for all of us but the units update themselves back to broken firmware. 15 pages and counting of complaints for over a month and no answers from anyone, mods hands are clearly tied, nobody has the power or the will to address the massive problem. If you want to literally have months of broken products out of every year, this is the company for you! 

Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

@Musoka I appreciate your efforts to bring attention to this.  I supplied all the requested information back in October, and I've heard nothing.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney+ not working - Error Code 42

Hi @Dewmail01 @Rukuruss @StCroixGuy @Ludious @jeffhitz 

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried the solutions that were provided by our customers on this thread that reported resolved the issue, I recommend you do so.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Thank you. I don't want to be here at all complaining about this but this is beyond belief. I hate having to come be negative and pushy but this is NOT the first problem I've had with this. And the fact they just ignore these things for months on end really bothers me. I truly used to recommend roku when people bought systems but just can't anymore. The only thing that's going to get action is public shaming (perhaps it's time to start posting places other than their own board, reviews etc), or maybe a class action suit? They've clearly used us as Guinea pigs and just want to collect data from a ton of us. REVERSE ANY NETWORK PROTOCOL CHANGES IMPLEMENTED IN 10.5!

Ludious
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney+ not working - Error Code 42

It’s pretty amazing this topic is 4 weeks old now and while some folks have managed to get themselves fixed there’s yet to be any official fix. I don’t care who is responsible. All I know is Disney+ only doesn’t work on the roku platform so roku and Disney need to get together and figure it out. I’ve tried all the suggestions here. Multiple times. 

Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

I see that Roku is offering the option to roll back to 10.0 on some devices.  Will this be offered on the Roku 2 - 4210x?  It would be much appreciated.  I did get an updated version of 10.5 today, but it still has the same issues with Disney+ and ESPN apps.

https://www.techradar.com/news/roku-reverses-update-after-it-breaks-netflix-and-disney-plus-apps

mnye01
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working - Error Code 42

I did 2 things that resolved this issue for me.

#1 as an attempt to troubleshoot, I switched my internet connection to the hotspot on my phone. This worked. Since my other services, such as Netflix worked on my ISP connection but I got error code 42 all the time for Disney Plus, this told me that there was some setting in my router that was causing the issue.  So.....

#2 I tried the fix to the WAN DNS Servers others have suggested with no luck. I then changed the LAN DNS Servers to null whereas I had previously had the IP of a Rasperry Pi I had set up as a PiHole. (under LAN-DHCP settings on my Asus router).That worked.

Best of luck to everyone to try and get this fixed.

Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not working - Error Code 42

So, does everyone here have a pihole as their dns? If so, seems that perhaps on the newest firmware they've decided to screw those of us with them and maybe that's why they all don't give two shakes. It's intentional? I'll drop roku before I drop my pihole, or my enterprise router/firewall...