Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rukuruss

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

Disney Plus works on my iPhone and windows computer using the same network. I Have the error code 42 on both my Roku TV and Roku Streaming Stick+ since updating to 10.5.0.

Model: C205X – Roku TV

Serial Number: X001005V279M (S022297V279M)

Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4201-94

Timestamp 2021-11-29T18:03Z

Issue ID: 9M-479-200

Launch Disney+ channel, get error code 42 message.

0 Kudos
Ludious
Channel Surfer

Yeah dns change didn’t fix it for me. 

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

Daily reminder, Roku broke multiple things on my less than a year old TV weeks ago now with untested firmware. This is after 5 months of broken tcon firmware immediately after my purchase. Took you all 5 months to fix that. Now, Disney+, paramount+, signal strength, programming guide are all broken now. Roku used to be the underdog I cheered for. Now I couldn't be paid to recommend you. 

captain_3d
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

My 2 roku stick+(3810X) are no longer able to play Disney+ since the firmware 10.5 installed.   I get an error code 42.   I tried all the stuff like restart, reinstall channel and restart router and cable modem.   I am able to access Disney+ on my smart phone so it looks like you broke something.   Please at least provide a way to rollback the version while you figure this out it has been broken for almost 2 weeks.

ManBertys
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney App won't load. Getting Code 042 Error everytime. All other Apps work fine.

Did the new stick fix the issue?

Raetzke

Interesting. Was also having the error 42 here with Disney Plus. Home router setup to use my ISP three DNS servers.  Changed the first one over to 8.8.8.8, and started working as well (after unplugged tv). If I was getting paid for this, I would go and get a packet trace and see what the DNS options it is request and if the results differ. But I'll leave it to Roku and Disney Plus to figure it out.  

0 Kudos
Dewmail01
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney App won't load. Getting Code 042 Error everytime. All other Apps work fine.

Nope. Still the same problem. Now I have an extra Roku stick.

sd0
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus app won't load. Getting Code 042 Error every time. All other apps work fine.

0 Kudos
Dewmail01
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working - Error Code 42

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4k

Serial number: X01700U15NWP

software Version: 10.5.1 build 4059-CU

timestamp: 2021-11-30T01:56:04Z

ID WP-479-636

Disney Plus error 42 after clicking on the app. All other apps work. Doesn’t work on all 3 ROKU products.

0 Kudos
Cwatters07
Reel Rookie

I contacted Disney through chat function on their app and they were able to walk me through some steps to get my app working again. Those steps are; first delete the app from roku, then disconnect your roku from the internet, next power down your tv, roku, and router for five minutes. After that power up your router, tv, roku. Reconnect to WiFi then reinstall the app. Worked for me. I’m using a roku streaming stick. Hope this helps someone out. 

0 Kudos