Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffhitz

Re: Disney Plus error 42, discover + error after 10.5.0 software update

I am getting the same error 42 when trying to start Disney Plus

Roku Device Model 7104X

TCL model 495403

Serial #YN003C261799

Device ID 9S6843261799

Software OS/Version 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Tracker ID 99-476-133

Steps to reproduce error are turn on TV, go to Disney+, click channel, get error code

0 Kudos
sd0
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus app won't load. Getting Code 042 Error every time. All other apps work fine.

This has been an ongoing issue, the few other Roku apps [i actually use] work great.

Because of the 042 error, I spent a few hours working on my WiFi providing better service, but the problem persists. I do not have a bandwidth or connectivity issue locally.

Please Disney, increase the resilience of the Roku app.

Paramount/CBS apps may be slow responding, but they still work.

0 Kudos
CACourt

Re: Disney plus not working on my Roku Premiere

Came here looking for help, exact same thing with my Disney +. Updated, removed shut Roku and internet off. The error message says, Having trouble connecting to internet  ERROR code 42. Netflix and Hulu still work. 

0 Kudos
gnomes13

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

I got it to work for now, remove the channel, unplug the Roku, turn off your modem. Waited 5 minutes. Then turn modem back on, plug you roku back in, add channel back. All worked fine.  I ran through this cycle two times. So I hope it lasts.

0 Kudos
Dewmail01
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney App won't load. Getting Code 042 Error everytime. All other Apps work fine.

I have the same problem on all 3 of my Roku devices. I just bought a brand new streaming stick because I thought there was something wrong with my other Roku devices. 

Ludious
Channel Surfer

Just for everyone following along at home 

tried changing dns just for giggles. Error 42 still. 
deleted channel, turned off tv, router, modem. 
fired them up and reinstalled channel. 
error 42. 
I’ve seen a couple of folks say they got ur working after deleting and rebooting a few times. Well I’ve tried a dozen times. I also don’t have the option to revert. Getting fed up.

vanimal666

Changing the DNS on my DHCP router from 4.2.2.2 to 8.8.8.8 fixed this issue for me.

0 Kudos
StCroixGuy
Channel Surfer

Re: Need help with Disney+ error code 42

Modifying DNS servers on my LAN (from cloudflare 1.1.1.1 to google 8.8.8.8) did not resolve the Disney+ error 42 issue on any of my Roku devices.

0 Kudos
StCroixGuy
Channel Surfer

Re: Need help with Disney+ error code 42

I take that back.. modifying the DNS did actually resolve the issue after rebooting the Roku. 

I don't fully understand how though. I went from this setting:

DNS server 1 (primary): 1.1.1.1

DNS server 2 (alt): 8.8.8.8

and then just flipped them (8.8.8.8 first). This resolved the Disney+ error 42 error. I then reverted back to the previous order and it works that way too.

I'm a bit baffled, but at least it now works.

0 Kudos
User015678
Reel Rookie

I too use cloud flare(1.1.1.1) as my dns server. I have changed it to 8.8.8.8,4.2.2.2, and even 208.67.220.220(OpenDNS) with zero luck. Only Disney Plus fails with error code 42, all other apps work fine. This is on 2 stream bars and a 3600RW Roku stick

0 Kudos