Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biofeedsk
Reel Rookie

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

I am very frustrated and this is my 2nd post after trying delete, reboot, re load. The ROKU webpage will not allow me to find a customer service email, just spinning to read articles. I am tempted to buy a Firestick so I can watch CBS News app. ROKU rep, please help me. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Biofeedsk 

Why would you buy another device to watch the CBSN stream when you can watch it on the free Pluto TV app or the free Xumo app?

It's an issue with the CBS News app that CBS has acknowledged, and CBS is working on the issue. In the meantime, you can still watch the stream on a different app, until CBS fixes their app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Satchmo90

Jump to solution

Did all of that (multiple times), still doesn’t work.  Same problem as the one described by others. Who is the service provider to follow up with?  Does someone have a link or contact info?  Don’t think it will be solved on just this forum…

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Satchmo90 wrote:

Did all of that (multiple times), still doesn’t work.  Same problem as the one described by others. Who is the service provider to follow up with?  Does someone have a link or contact info?  Don’t think it will be solved on just this forum…

Note my earlier post, the one just ahead of yours.

@DBDukes wrote:

... It's an issue with the CBS News app that CBS has acknowledged, and CBS is working on the issue. In the meantime, you can still watch the stream on a different app, until CBS fixes their app.

CBS is who you need to contact. The problem is with the CBS News app. 

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
timothybb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DBDukes Good for you, the app works just fine on your end. "CBSN" - as the streamer promotes itself while watching it... or "CBS News", is not streaming any Live shows on my end, just stays at 0%. While this may not be the case for everyone, it is the issue for several others.... hence why there is this community board. It has been working fine for me until yesterday morning. I've also checked for updates, it's been updated and still doesn't work. I've also deleted the app and re-installed it. Still doesn't work. I've also unplugged my Roku and plugged it back it. Still doesn't work. All of my other apps work just fine so I know its not a WiFi issue. There's something wrong on the Roku or CBS News app side. Any other streamer experts or someone actually working for Roku know how to fix this problem? 

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@timothybb 

You're reading part of my responses, but not the rest. I will highlight this so maybe you will see what has been posted multiple times, including immediately before your post: CBS acknowledges the issue with their app. CBS is working on it. The problem is with CBS. And CBS says so.

And yes, it works for me. Which points out that it's not a universal problem. When that happens, it's sometimes hard to fix because it's hard to find the exact cause. That means it may be fixed shortly, or it make take days or weeks to fix.

In the meantime, CBSN stream is available in the Pluto TV and Xumo apps for free. Or in Paramount+ is you subscribe to that service.

DBDukes

cian2021
Reel Rookie

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku ready tv in the living room and a Sony tv in my bedroom that has a Roku attached. I am subscribed to You Tube TV and I use Xfinity for my internet. I have sudden issues of the TCL/Roku leaving whatever program I'm watching and going back to home screen. It happens a lot! And I've always been able to load CBS News app and now it won't load on either tv So, I can't tell by these responses if there is an answer to the problem. Please respond if there is indeed a fix. Thanks

0 Kudos
AJthree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Spoke too soon. Problem recurs after FACTORY RESET. (Worked fine for about 15 minutes.)

0 Kudos
cian2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Who in the world can solve this annoying problem?!

0 Kudos
Biofeedsk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you all for advice. I will watch on Pluto till CBS corrects the issue.

0 Kudos