Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougpw

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

Just to be clear, everyone is posting about the CBS News app but the abbreviation they use for branding their live feed is CBSN. Regardless, the live feed for the CBS News app has not been working for the last few days. This is a fact confirmed by many posts including mine.

0 Kudos
OJP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I did the factory reset and it did start back up🎉 but it still sometimes reloads and gets stuck at 33%🤦🏻 Then I have to reopen the app.

0 Kudos
mddobbs

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dougpw 

And it's working for my CBS News app on Roku. This is confirmed by me actually watching it. 

This is why problems are so hard to troubleshoot. Statements (such as the stream doesn't work) are not always correct (as the stream does work for me) but are interpretations of what one person sees. You see a stream not working. I see a stream working.

Yes, it's not working for multiple users, but it's not broken for all users. I'd say it's working for most, based on the relatively small number of people reporting an issue. Keep in mind there are millions of Roku users.

Don't know what the problem is, but it is certainly not impacting everyone.

Apart from suggesting those with the problem try the "1) remove the app, 2) reboot the Roku, 3) reinstall the app" process, I can only offer that not everyone has the issue. And yes, I know it gets old seeing those three steps suggested, but so many people either skip step 2, or do them in 213 or 132 order, which is not the correct order.

Anyway, perhaps @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D or @RokuMary-F can offer some additional insight.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mddobbs

Jump to solution

I did remove and re-install the CBS News app before rebooting (the "wrong order") and failed to see the Latest headlines load.  I therefore repeated the process in the recommended 1-2-3 order, and I am still staring a a rolling 0% circle that goes nowhere.  Individual stories and other CBS programs load OK.  The Live stream does work from my Chromebook and PC's, just not from Roku.  This was first noticed by my housemate a few days ago - it had been working over the past several years.

It is good that we have options, but nicer to watch on the big screen.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@mddobbs 

You can still watch it on the big screen for free. Or if you have Paramount+, it's included in that subscription.

CBSN stream is included in Pluto TV and Xumo, and both services are free.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ceg2

Jump to solution

Yes! Experiencing the same thing.  Been watching the CBS live News for years on my Roku tvs and as of this past Sunday the live news is NOT loading!  Tried every fix but to no avail.  What's going on?

0 Kudos
joaniken
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Done all those steps first thing and not working. I can stream some of the other cbs news stations live, but most not. Likely there are far more people with this issue than are reporting it, and the problem is a big one for lots of people. Since I can stream fine via the app, I'm assuming it's a Roku issue. So what is Roku doing to resolve this. I've streamed this for years without issue, as have many who've commented so far. Again, is Roku addressing this at all, or is it time to get something other than Roku

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@joaniken 

You seem to be under the impression that all streams come from the same servers. That's not always true, particularly for the larger services.

You also seem to be under the impression that the apps are the same. They aren't. Roku OS is not the same as Apple OS (TVOS) which is not the same as Amazon OS (Fire OS) which is not the same as Google (Android). That means that all the apps are totally separate code. An app working on one platform and not on another platform could, and is likely, an issue with the app, not the platform.

You may also be under the impression that Roku builds the apps. They don't. Google doesn't. Apple doesn't. Amazon doesn't. The service, CBS News, builds the apps for the various platforms.

Finally, CBS has acknowledged an issue with their app, and CBS is working on it.
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/CBSN-not-loading-live-news/m-p/748894/highlig... 

DBDukes

joaniken
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info, but patronizing uncalled for