Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

@OJP 

I am curious about that. Where on the Ultra are you seeing the CBS News app abbreviated that way? The Channel Store and the app should be the same for all Roku devices. Does your remote have a shortcut button for it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
cim
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix CBS News app not loading live news

Jump to solution

I tried (delete, reboot, restore) twice and it failed. A Factory Reset was successful.

OJP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DBDuckes

your right the app is CBS News and within the app it shows CBSN

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@cim 

Sorry you had to go through that much trouble. Often that will do the trick. Glad it's now working though.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@OJP 

The CBSN feed is actually available within several free streaming services, including Pluto TV and Xumo, as well as paid services, such as Paramount+. If the CBS News app gives issues with the stream, you do have access to alternate sources for that feed.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
steve111
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

CBS News is aware of this issue for some Roku units and is working on it.

REPORT THIS ISSUE TO CBS NEWS AT  cbsnewsappfeedback-roku@cbsinteractive.com

Hi 

Thank you for reporting this

We are aware of an issue that may be impacting some viewers and are actively working on resolving this. We will let you know once we have an update.

Thank you for being a CBSN viewer.

Regards,
Akelia

CBS News Customer Support

AJthree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally!

I suffered through a FACTORY RESET and Vlad and Anne Marie are back! Live! From the CBS News app!

joaniken
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is the same, reloaded roku stick, deleted channel and reloaded, still can't get anything live, which I have for years and this last week nothing works

0 Kudos
Mvp220
Reel Rookie

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

Sorry it's cbs news

0 Kudos
dougpw

Jump to solution

Yes, I have been having the same problem for the last few days. In the Channel Store it is called CBS News. I uninstalled and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work.

Somehow the live streaming feature doesn't work on Roku anymore. I guess the app needs an update. Maybe CBS News is unaware of this.

0 Kudos