Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to downgrade spectrum tv app

I use a Roku 2 in my room and I have an old CRT television 4.3 aspect ratio and my Roku 2 upgraded to the new Spectrum TV app I was using the old update before and it worked fine but the new one has all the menus way to zoomed in and everything looks comfortable the video is fine but the settings and guide and channel selection zoomed in so it's hard to see I just want to downgrade to the older version

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: How to downgrade spectrum tv app

@Pennellfour Thanks for the note. There isn't an option to install previous versions of channels (apps) after a channel provider has released a new version. We can, however, help take a closer look though and work with the channel provider to share feedback to work toward resolving the issue. A few questions here to help better understand what you are seeing:

- Is this issue only occurring inside the Spectrum channel? Do other channels still function normally for you?

- What model of Roku 2 are you using? (Settings>System>About) e.g. 2720X

- Is your device connected to your TV using an HDMI cable, or composite cable connection (red/white/yellow)? 

A few things to try:

- Remove the Spectrum channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device has restarted, add the channel back once more and see if this resolves the issue. 

- Try adjusting your display type in Settings>Display type to see if this has any effect on what you are seeing. 

- Try using a different cable to connect your device to your TV to test and see if this has any impact on what you are seeing 

We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to request additional help if this issue is only occurring inside that specific channel. Channel providers build and manage their channel (app) directly, and can best assist with any channel-specific issues you may encounter. You can reach Spectrum support here: 1 (833) 267-6094 or online at https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos