Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to disable auto preview play within channels? (In bandwidth restricted areas)

Hello all. I’m looking for help on how to disable the automatic preview that plays when searching for a show or movie to watch. The clip is about 50-60 seconds and plays every time on a highlighted icon. The reason is I I’ve in a bandwidth sensitive area. Our isp (suddenlink) throttles and charges us for x amount of usage a month. Any way to minimize excess usage would be great without having to drop the app altogether.

in comparison my older Roku did not do this. Didn’t become apparent when I upgraded recently due to the notification that “legacy” units will no longer be supported.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: How to disable auto preview play within channels? (In bandwidth restricted areas)

I dont think you can do this within the Roku settings.

It sounds Channel specific. Theres a lot of discussion around Netflix doing this.

But its Channel specific.

Some of these belligerent Channels stopped supporting Legacy Roku's altogether.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos