Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Illan

How to change language on Disney Plus

I can't change the language of Disney Plus even if i tap the bottom of star in my Roku control. The option to change the language in the channel doesn’t appear. All the Roku is in Spanish except Disney Plus what can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How to change language on Disney Plus

You need to edit the Disney Plus profile you are using - it will have a language option.

• Open Disney Plus >
  • Edit Profiles >
  • Select profile >
  • App Language=Espanol
0 Kudos
Jeffrey5

Do you have plan to support Traditional Chinese Language for App Language ? (It is good on content)

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@Jeffrey5

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Most channels and apps contain their own settings and will override the settings in Roku menus. Check inside Disney's channel individual settings and see if you can change the audio track or language. Some channels have their own captions/audio settings that are separate from the system settings.

We highly recommend that you contact the channel directly for further assistance. https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Skralex

You can follow this link there is the solution for Roku tv :

https://streamersworld.com/disney-for-roku-how-to-change-language/

Change Audio Language in Shows and Movies

If you want to change the language of the audio that plays when watching a movie, follow these steps:

1. Start playing any movie or show in the Disney+ channel as you normally would.
  2. With the video playing, press and hold the * button on the remote until a menu appears.
  3. Use the arrow pad to highlight the “Audio track” setting. Once highlighted, use the left and right arrows to choose a language.

4. enjoy the video ! 
0 Kudos
Bella18

I tried it too cause on mine it's Chinese and I went into the edit and it has The check in English but one I put the movie I'm going to watch it's still in Chinese language!!!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bella18,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the Disney Plus channel since the audio language is Chinese. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Audio preferred language.
  5. Choose the language for spoken audio.

If the problem persists, we highly recommend that you contact the channel directly for further assistance: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp
Hope it works, please keep us posted on what you find out!

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos