Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to change TV cable provider on Roku

@Miajhae, when you deleted it and added it back did you restart your Roku device right after you removed it and before you added it back?  If not, try it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bob15796

I've been working on this for days.  Think I have the answer your looking for.  Highlight channel that you want to change provider for and hit ok button.  Go to top where menu is and click on "more".  Click on my profile, click on "unlink from provider ".  You can follow instructions from there to remove and install provider's. 

0 Kudos
Miajhae
Reel Rookie

When you say highlight the channel that is where you lost me . Do you mind showing a picture of that part please ? 

0 Kudos
sarrkmmm
Reel Rookie

This is how to unlink your cable provider. I have a TCL ROKU TV and this is what worked for me. Go into the channel you want to unlink. Mine was BRAVO. On the top of the screen click on More. Then then go into My Profile. There should be a spot that says TV Provider. Click on Unlink. Then click on Link to link your new provider. It will give you a code to activate from your web browser. I had to do a search for Directv Stream. Now I can watch Bravo again. I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
smartchick

NOTHING WORKS....EXCEPT performing a factory reset and creating a NEW ROKU account with a different email address.  You will then select the current cable provider and use this new profile to use your device and app.  Remember to cancel any subscriptions before deleating old account.  

0 Kudos
sarrkmmm
Reel Rookie

That’s not true. I just switched from Directv to Directv Streaming. All I had to do was go into the channel I wanted like Bravo for example and at the top of the screen it says Bravo, Home,, Browse etc. Click on the one that says More. Then click on my profile. It brings up a screen that says NBC Universal Profile and gives an option to sign out. Under that it says TV Provider. It will tell you what service you are linked to and give an option to unlink. Click that and follow the instructions from there to link to your new provider. It should be something similar to all channels that require a cable provider. It can be done because I did it with all mine.  If I could post a picture I would. 

0 Kudos
Bconley

I have tried this repeatedly and it doesn’t work.  I’m going to have to buy a new TV because Roku doesn’t have the option to change cable providers, at least not one that works. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bconley

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue and what troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dapike

Watch TCM app does not have a "more" option at the top. The provider name in the upper right corner, but am not able to highlight/click on that.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@dapike  could you try these steps?

1. Remove the channel.   
2. Settings > System > Power (if not applicable, go to the next step) > System Restart.  
3. Reinstall the channel.

If that doesn’t work, then all I would guess is that the issue is with the TCM servers.  FYI, Roku did not develop the TCM app.  If I remember correctly, WarnerMedia (now Warner Bros. Discovery as of 04-08-22) did.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos