Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to change TV cable provider on Roku

@S1962 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
M-B
Reel Rookie

Same issue. NBC app, for example, has no way to change providers in-app (I have a TCL Roku TV).  Removing app and restarting system does not solve the issue. There’s also no way to change my provider here (as I might do with my phone’s tv provider setting). I’m locked out of a lot of content because I cannot change my (now defunct) old cable provider account. 

M-B
Reel Rookie

ROKU TV (TCL) settings does not have any option to enter or change cable subscription information. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@M-B wrote:

Same issue. NBC app, for example, has no way to change providers in-app (I have a TCL Roku TV).  Removing app and restarting system does not solve the issue. There’s also no way to change my provider here (as I might do with my phone’s tv provider setting). I’m locked out of a lot of content because I cannot change my (now defunct) old cable provider account. 

For NBC (version 7.15.1):  Open NBC/menu/More/My Profile/TV Provider

Each app has to be individually authenticated/activated/logged in (though some share authentication credentials, like all NBCUniversal apps)

0 Kudos
Gggggg

With Google account A I had a youtube tv subscription that I used to access roku hbomax app. I cancelled my youtube tv subscription and got another youtube tv subscription with Google account B. Now when I try to use hbomax it still uses Google account A. it asks me to to renew with Google account A. I can not find a way to input my new account in the hbomax app. I have already removed the app, re-started roku, and added the app back, but the problem persists.

Thx.

With Google account A I had a youtube tv subscription that I used to access roku hbomax app. I cancelled my youtube tv subscription and got another youtube tv subscription with Google account B. Now when I try to use hbomax it still uses Google account A. it asks me to to renew with Google account A. I can not find a way to input my new account in the hbomax app. I have already removed the app, re-started roku, and added the app back, but the problem persists.

Thx.

0 Kudos
Dshak

We read through this discussion and can’t seem to get the Roku App live TV guide to match the Spectrum cable guide we used to have on another stick and tv.  Can you please advise on how to adjust to show to proper cable guide in Roku live ?

0 Kudos
JulieB

We are having the same exact problem.  We've used up all of our free coins and now can't watch our favorite shows.  We've signed out, deleted the channel app, added it back and it still automatically connects us to our previous cable provider.  This is so frustrating.  Has anyone figured out a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JulieB

Thanks for the post.

After removing a channel, have you made sure to restart your Roku device before adding it back again?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phxdude40

What do you mean by restart your Roku devise? I have a TLC TV with Roku. I deleted the app, turned off the TV as well as unplugging it before adding the app back on. Still the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Phxdude40

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos