Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to add a Broswer page like google or firefox

I purchased the FOX NATION app for my father. However, because we cut the cable, there is not a provider to sign in to activate this channel. I can use this via a web browser. Tired several times to install a web browser and nothing worked. I read there is a Browser X to be used, but can't find it either. Help if anyone can, please.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: How to add a Broswer page like google or firefox

If you already have a Fox Nation subscription, you have to add the Fox Nation channel app to his Roku. Once installed, go into the app and choose "Sign in with Your Email". Then follow the prompts to sign in with the email address and password used for your Fox Nation account.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

He is signed in with the email verification. It is not going to play live TV unless he has either a cable or Satelite account. I can override this is I had access to a web browser. How do I get to a web browser?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Web browsers are not allowed on the platform.  There have been attempts in the past, but none of them ever really worked and they are specifically prohibited.

Highlighted
Level 16

Fox decides the conditions under which it makes its content available to whom. In the past they have made their live content available through streaming devices without an additional paid provider that shares its subscription fee with the channels it carries. From several posts on here lately, it sounds like Fox is no longer providing live feeds to those without a provider subscription. Roku has nothing to do with this -- if you want to pursue it you need to take this up with Fox.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Already ahead of you.. I sent an email. Thank you. 

0 Kudos