Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: OAN NEWS CHANNEL

@stevenbaker1946

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Madatmytv

I am having this same issue on my Roku TV (I don’t know the model number, but it’s a 43” Roku TV that I purchased new in 2020).  When trying to add OAN it says “could not add channel”, “error”.  I’ve tried restarting, deleting extra channels I don’t use, as well as trying to add the channel through my Roku account online.  I get the same error message each time.  

Has anyone here been able to solve this problem?  Where is Roku support for this???

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Madatmytv

Thanks for the post.

When you try adding the channel on online Roku Channel Store, are you seeing an error still? After adding the channel on through the online Roku Channel Store, are you making sure to check for a manual update on your Roku TV as the channel isn't readily added to your Home screen?

You can check for a manual update through Settings > System > System Update.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJBbrandon
Reel Rookie

Re: How to add One America News channel for 4.99

Same here. I had it for a year and it says I’ve renewed but doesn’t work. I’ve renewed 5 times on two different rokus. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@FJBbrandon wrote:

Same here. I had it for a year and it says I’ve renewed but doesn’t work. I’ve renewed 5 times on two different rokus. They’re probably censoring like the rest of big tech.

Except I'm able to watch it on my Roku, so no. It's something else.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
KEU
Reel Rookie

I just tried to subscribe to OAN and it won't let me either. 

It says there is an unexpected problem.  I was hoping to be able to watch it on roku TV instead of the computer.  I may have to subscribe on OAN website and watch on computer. 😕 

I am trying to subscribe to OAN using my phone. Don't think that should make a difference but ...

0 Kudos
dekaicke
Reel Rookie

Try subscribing your ROKU to KLOWDTV.  OAN comes with your KlowdTV subscription.  NOTE:  Time-Warner has announced that they will be dropping OAN in the near future.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KEU,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
KEU
Reel Rookie

dekaicke (Level 7) Thank you! Is Klowed TV owned by Time Warner then? This cancel culture and squashing freedom of speech is sad and maddening.

0 Kudos
KEU
Reel Rookie

RokuMary-F (Roku Employee)Thanks for reaching out. 
I went the online Roku channel store using Bing on my cell phone. 
I was able to download several free channels to my app on my phone but not the OAN paid subscription. 
Attached is a screenshot of the message. 
I do have a Roku TV and have not tried to add the OAN paid subscription  to it yet. I'm not at home right now.

Thank you
KEU
0 Kudos