Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UCAWLD1
Level 7

How to add HBO Max channel to Roku when HBO Max subscription is with AT&T TV Now?

I have HBO Max with AT&T TV Now. I watch AT&T TV Now by Roku. I went to add HBO MAX channel to my Roku, but it asked for my Roku PIN and not my HBO Max credentials. How can I be sure that I won't be charged for HBO Max channel by Roku? Does Roku already recognize my AT&T TV Now and HBO Max subscriptions? Please help anyone. Thank you.

4 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to add HBO Max channel to Roku when HBO Max subscription is with AT&T TV Now?

If it's asking for your Roku PIN and you have "PIN required for purchases" enabled on your Roku account then I'd bet it's going to charge you.  I haven't seen a definitive answer anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't part of the agreement between Roku and HBO.  You might want to ask HBO about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
gcruzmgf
Level 7

Re: How to add HBO Max channel to Roku when HBO Max subscription is with AT&T TV Now?

Did you get a response about this?  I have the same problem.  Roku does not provide the option on the HBO Max app for me to enter or chose to select login in with my ATT Account.  How to sort this out?  There may be a simple solution.  Can someone assist with this?

0 Kudos
cav2car
Level 7

Same problem.  I have AT&T/HBO.  When I try to add HBO MAX on Roku, I get message "could not add HBO MAX" Error.  

0 Kudos
UCAWLD1
Level 7

I received an email message from AT&T TV Now on 1/19 that said that the HBO Max app is now available on all Roku devices. I have not had time to check that out yet.

0 Kudos