Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to activate HGTV on my ROKU

Jump to solution

@2000myles 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to activate the HGTV GO channel, when you go to the channel and sign in, it should request you to activate the device as the channel is free with a paid cable subscription and participating TV providers. It should prompt you to go to: https://watch.hgtv.com/activate on a computer or a mobile device where you will enter the activation code and continue with the activation process.

If you are having further issues activating the HGTV GO channel, we would recommend reaching to the channel provider's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Re: HGTV activation

Jump to solution

I only have ROKU, what do I do?

0 Kudos
Sinbad

Re: Trouble accessing HGTV

Jump to solution

Used to be able to use hgtv and other like channels and now I can not even being signed into dish. I know we have the subscriptions on dish, but once you sign in, 99% of the shows are locked. Wasn't like this a couple months ago.

0 Kudos

Re: HGTV activation

Jump to solution

Where do I find the activation code to watch HGTV GO via my FUBO subscription?

0 Kudos
mads
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Should I have to activate a channel such as HGTVGo or TravelGo each time I try to watch during the same day? That's what I'm currently experiencing. Both channels are active on my Xfinity subscription but each day or multiple times on the same day I have to go through the activation code process. This seems to be a recent development.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mads

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channels, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channels back again and re-authenticating the channels with your channel credentials to see if you are still experiencing the same issue moving forward.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mads
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So that seemed to work for one day. When I tried to get onto TrvlGo and HGTVGo today, most episodes were locked and I had to remove and re-add both channels and re-activate again. 

0 Kudos
Gwenm

Jump to solution

SAME FOR ME!!!

so aggravated!!!

Not just HGTV, but Bravo, Food Network and TLC- all require re-activation when I switch channels.

I also have Xfinity.

I wonder if that’s the cause.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Gwenm

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that those channel's activations, you'll want to contact the channel providers and your cable provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WTorr44

Re: HGTV activation guide

Jump to solution

I attempted it and it didnt labored. Also checked for an replace. None to be had. Seems like its a glitch in the programing or something as you can see on this link . But I havent had an replace considering I bought my TV's and the most effective one that gives me the most troubles is my smaller roku tv which is the newest of the 2.

0 Kudos