Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nosepicker

Re: How to activate CNN Go on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

That's a faq.  Somehow the CNN and/or the Roku people have to become aware so it gets fixed.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yep, you're right. One of the Roku moderators had offered that link, so I hadn't even looked at it. All they seem to have are FAQs.

It doesn't look like CNN really wants anyone to contact them. I can't seem to find any way to contact them on their web site. But they do mention they are on Facebook and Twitter. Both of those have been used to get support from other providers, so perhaps they will respond to someone there. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
hpsingh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Based on someone's suggestion, I actually deleted CNN Go application and reinstalled on 2 of my Roku devices.  It has worked so far.  I have to try on my other 2 devices.  Hopefully it will work.  Thanks for the input.

IslandGirl4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried everything.  CNN ACTS as if it will come on with Roku, but it just goes back to the Home screen.  I did the restart thing someone suggested, did nothing.  I do not understand WHY CNN is on the home screen if it does not work without a cable subscription.  I got rid of cable, the bill was over $270 with no premium channels - but why is it on the Roku screen if you cannot get it?  And why is it NOT in a Roku package?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@IslandGirl4 wrote:

but why is it on the Roku screen if you cannot get it?  And why is it NOT in a Roku package?

CNN most likely pays Roku to install the channel automatically. Nothing wrong with that, and it can be removed in a snap so it's not taking up space on the screen or memory. CNN doesn't offer their channel through anyone other than a TV provider, which means a cable or satellite company or one of the few online TV services (Fubo TV, Sling TV or YouTube TV). That's controlled by CNN, and Roku can't make them change it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos