Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james00bond00
Level 7

How to Set Amazon Music as default

Jump to solution

How can I play amazon music by default? If I click the microphone button and say "Play Music" or "Play Artist Name" it always opens iHeart radio. I see under my roku account how to change the default player, but amazon music is not listed. I did install amazon music app/channel. So i can open amazon music and play music there, but I cannot use voice command with mic button.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to Set Amazon Music as default

Jump to solution

@james00bond00

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Music support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Music support here: https://music.amazon.com/help/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@james00bond00

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Music support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Music support here: https://music.amazon.com/help/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dathead2
Level 10

Jump to solution

try "play artist on Amazon music"   

Or launch Amazon music app then use voice mic and say play artist. That works on YouTube 

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos
Jim63114
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem.  Can't be done.  It sux.  Roku is a sham.

0 Kudos