Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: how can I stop my Disney plus free trial?

Jump to solution

same problem   call  disney plus   the system is down,   call roku   the wait time   goes down... and then back up again   rediculous

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to Cancel a free trial of Disney+?

Jump to solution

Yeah this worked fine for me.  We signed up and checked it out for a couple of nights then decided it wasn't for us.  Nothing wrong with the channel. We cancelled only because we have no grandkids  or kids at home and 99% of the content we'd either watched 100X's years ago when we did have kids at home and the rest was mostly kid oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you ever figure this out?  I have the same problem and do not see any subscriptions on my one and only account.  Disney tells me to contact Roku and Roku told me to contact Disney or verify account from a device which I did while on the phone with them (so, no need to cut and paste the same response Roku).  Also, because I was not able to cancel with the 7 days, I got charged by Roku. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me with AcornTV.  My free subscription is not showing up on my subscriptions  list so I canceled my payment preference to avoid the subscription charge.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a bunch of BS.

You send everyone a "FREE" trial and it converts to pay????

I never authorized it, don't want "FREE" trials.

[post edited]

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mrgraphixx 

Thanks for the note.

We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up.

For more information about the Disney+ free trial, please reach out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Reviewing terms...so because roku doesn't show the free trial and you can't cancel means you can take someone's money? You have quite a few people telling you...STILL, they can't cancel it. I ended keeping mine, but it seems copying and pasting the same thing over and over again isn't ACTUALLY helping anyone. Your comment dear Danny implies people don't read terms of agreement of "free trials", when in actuality you make it impossible for customers to cancel to take their money...from what I assume since your comments don't help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So, when I first purchased my Roku I went through all the channels that seemed interesting and installed them.  Now I'm trying to remove the channels that we don't want.  I don't see Disney, Hulu or HBO under my subscriptions and I know that I didn't add them on directly by going to the providers.  I set up my Roku on 3/26/2020 and HBO says that it's a 7 day trial.  I haven't been billed for HBO and I'm wondering  how I can remove them as they are still showing that they are installed.  I don't want to be hit with charges for something that we don't need or want.  I also unsubscribed to CBS All Access and it says that I did but it's still showing as installed.  Can you please help me??  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jb5 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if even if you do not have a subscription to a channel you can still have the channel installed on your device. Removing a subscription from your account does not remove the channel tile from your Home screen.

If you need to remove a channel from your Home screen, select the channel tile and press the * > Remove channel.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos