Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuntEah
Level 8

How do you access HBO?

Jump to solution

Recently we cut the cord and added Youtube tv (a decision that I am somewhat regretting due to the recent price increase). I really hate Youtube's on demand access (or else I can't figure it out), so I took HBO off of Youtube and added it via my Amazon Prime account. However, for some screwy reason Amazon lets household member share Amazon Prime benefits but will not let you share purchased Prime channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. So I cancelled HBO there. I was thinking about adding HBO via my Hulu account, but sometimes when Hulu goes to commercial it zooms in on the picture. I have found no way to correct this problem. HBO Max has not reached a deal with Amazon or Roku and HBOGo and HBONow will cease to exist on the 31st, so I don't think that I can sign up for HBO as a stand alone entity. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do you access HBO?

Jump to solution

@AuntEah 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that HBO has removed the HBO GO app from our platform. For more information, please reach out to HBO. You can reach HBO here: https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us

The Roku platform still offers a number of alternative ways for customers to access HBO. Existing HBO users that subscribe through Comcast, Charter or AT&T TV can stream HBO on the Comcast Xfinity Stream, Spectrum TV and AT&T TV channels available on the Roku platform. Additionally, you can access HBO directly on Roku by subscribing to HBO on The Roku

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AuntEah 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that HBO has removed the HBO GO app from our platform. For more information, please reach out to HBO. You can reach HBO here: https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us

The Roku platform still offers a number of alternative ways for customers to access HBO. Existing HBO users that subscribe through Comcast, Charter or AT&T TV can stream HBO on the Comcast Xfinity Stream, Spectrum TV and AT&T TV channels available on the Roku platform. Additionally, you can access HBO directly on Roku by subscribing to HBO on The Roku

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
pfred42
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do you access HBO if you have a subscription to HBO via Verizon Fios?

0 Kudos
Lfeldman
Level 7

HBO not loading ?

Jump to solution

Hi I have restarted my Roku and each time I start the HBO app I get a message that says exit application oops something went wrong please try again exit.

ID- 26-481–123

0 Kudos
debdorff
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have HBO on my cable account & I’m trying to connect my Roku Streaming Stick + with HBO Max via my cable provider because I don’t want to double pay for HBO. Can someone explain how I can connect my fios HBO with my roku?

0 Kudos
AuntEah
Level 8

Jump to solution

Download the HBOMax streaming channel.  It can be found by going to streaming channels on the home page and then go to search channels and type in HBOMax.  Once you download the channel and got to it you will authorize by giving your cable provider information.

0 Kudos