Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deadbeat-Native
Level 7

How do i permanently block and/or disable Disney+?

How do I prevent DISNEY+ channel from being added back to my device everytime I delete it?

So far I have removed DISNEY+ from my Roku seventeen times tonight and within 10 minutes what ever program I am streaming it gets interrupted to perform a "Updating Channels" when Disney+ is reinstalled to my device without authorization or permission.

This same behavior holds true for ESPN, HULU, AppleTV, and Crackle.

No matter how  many times I remove the channels they get reinstalled within  minutes.

How do I make this stop?

Or better yet what IP addresses or domains do i need to block to prevent the Roku from ever connecting to these channels?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: How do i permanently block and/or disable Disney+?

First thing I would do is log into my account at https://my.roku.com and set a PIN for the account. While there, designate that the PIN will be required to add a channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Deadbeat-Native
Level 7

Re: How do i permanently block and/or disable Disney+?

I setup a PIN years ago, I even change the PIN and account password regularly.

Good question, why didn't that prevent Disney+ from being added the first time?

Was it force added in the last firmware update?

Going to check and reset my PIN & P/W.

0 Kudos