Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I watch website shows with my Roku Premiere?

Jump to solution

I don't see an internet channel as an option.  Is there something I must do to get one or isn't this even possible?  I want to watch shows from soap2day.com on my TV instead of my laptop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: How do I watch website shows with my Roku Premiere?

Jump to solution

Roku isn't designed for web surfing. There is one channel in the store that claims to be a web browser, but honestly the Roku user interface would be terrible for web surfing. One of my TVs has a browser, and after trying it once I never bothered again. And that was with a motion activated remote, which almost no Roku players have. 

If you want to display something from a web site, the simplest solution is to connect your computer to the TV with HDMI (assuming your computer has such an output). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Roku isn't designed for web surfing. There is one channel in the store that claims to be a web browser, but honestly the Roku user interface would be terrible for web surfing. One of my TVs has a browser, and after trying it once I never bothered again. And that was with a motion activated remote, which almost no Roku players have. 

If you want to display something from a web site, the simplest solution is to connect your computer to the TV with HDMI (assuming your computer has such an output). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos