Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlobalMermaid
Level 7

How do I use my EXISTING Gaia account within Roku without paying again?

I have seen that the Gaia channel is in there - and have added it - but before I have to start paying, I want to find the prompt to log in with my existing Gaia account - how do I do this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I use my EXISTING Gaia account within Roku without paying again?

Did you download the Gaia app from the Channel Store? Or did you find it as an add-on to another app? I'd try the former.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
GlobalMermaid
Level 7

I added the channel in Roku - but I don't want to pay again, as I already have a Gaia subscription

Again - how do I prompt it to let me add my login for Gaia?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@GlobalMermaid wrote:

I added the channel in Roku - but I don't want to pay again, as I already have a Gaia subscription

Again - how do I prompt it to let me add my login for Gaia?

I would think Log In would do the trick. Does that not work for you?

gaia-app.png

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Nspark21
Level 7

I have the same problem, im paying for it twice, once on the firestick and one on roku, but i use the same log in details for both (both same google email address). Been charged twice

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Nspark21 

Did you subscribe directly to the service? Or did you sign up through your Roku device, and again through your Fire TV device?

Note that Amazon, Roku, and others all work this way: If you subscribe through a platform instead of directly to the service, you are limited to using the subscription only on that platform. That means that if you signed up through Roku, that subscription is only good on Roku. And if you also signed up through Fire TV, that subscription is only good on Fire TV. Only a subscription directly to the service can be used across platforms.

DBDukes

0 Kudos