Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vb1

How do I update Roku with the new Spectrum account number so I can access all content

Jump to solution

I set up Roku with one Spectrum account number.  I had access to all available content. 

I moved and have a new Spectrum assigned account number.  But I cannot figure out how to update Roku with the new Spectrum account number.  

Do I need to reset and restart Roku?  

Thanks for any suggestions.  

I cannot locate a support function for a Roku support rep.  Poor design not to allow access. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I update Roku with the new Spectrum account number so I can access all content

Jump to solution

I've never used the Spectrum channel, so this is just basic guidance.

1. See if there's somewhere within the channel to log out of the account. If you can log out, you should be able to log in with your new information.
  2. If that doesn't work, remove the channel from your Roku. Press the * button while the tile is highlighted on the home screen and select Remove. Once that is complete, you must reboot the Roku. Pull the power if you can't find system restart in the menu. Then install the channel and enter your new user information.
  3. If the removal didn't change the user account in the channel, then a factory reset might be necessary. Sometimes those channels simply don't clean out like they should. 

Even if you had contacted a Roku support person, they simply would have advised you to contact Spectrum for support. Roku does not create or provide support for 3rd party channels. Spectrum is responsible for the functionality of their channel, and would be the only ones that can assist you with the app.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I update Roku with the new Spectrum account number so I can access all content

Jump to solution

I've never used the Spectrum channel, so this is just basic guidance.

1. See if there's somewhere within the channel to log out of the account. If you can log out, you should be able to log in with your new information.
  2. If that doesn't work, remove the channel from your Roku. Press the * button while the tile is highlighted on the home screen and select Remove. Once that is complete, you must reboot the Roku. Pull the power if you can't find system restart in the menu. Then install the channel and enter your new user information.
  3. If the removal didn't change the user account in the channel, then a factory reset might be necessary. Sometimes those channels simply don't clean out like they should. 

Even if you had contacted a Roku support person, they simply would have advised you to contact Spectrum for support. Roku does not create or provide support for 3rd party channels. Spectrum is responsible for the functionality of their channel, and would be the only ones that can assist you with the app.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
vinniec

Jump to solution

Did you ever solve this? I am in the same situation now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@vinniec

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos