Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuckeyeFan9476
Binge Watcher

Re: Disney+ not updating. Please Help

Jump to solution

@C_I  if you're going to reply, maybe try reading what you're replying to first As I've states already, I've contacted Disney+ MULTIPLE times and nothing we've tried has worked. Also as was also stated, my ROKU is not updated to the current version it should be which IS ROKU's concern. Your reply was not only unnecessary(because you clearly didn't read my original post or any of the replies made prior to yours) it was rude and obnoxiously arrogant.

0 Kudos
BuckeyeFan9476
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser I tried your suggestion of updating via USB but my TV isn't allowing me to do the steps necessary to accomplish that method. I've got the file on the USB, and the USB plugged into the TV, but it's not giving me the option to access the code I need to enter. I'm going to have to call the TV Manufacturer directly because I don't know what else to do and I'm not sure I have any other options. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Did you go to Settings -> System -> System Update -> I can't connect  ?

That will present you with the 12 digit code.

https://support.roku.com/article/212361468

0 Kudos
BuckeyeFan9476
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser it doesn't give me the "I can't connect" option. The only option I have is "check now"

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Try disconnecting it from wired/wireless, and see if that option appears:

1) Use the network connection reset:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset

2) After it restarts, go to Settings/System/System update/I cant connect

(In order for the "I cant connect" option to appear, it cannot be connected to your network/the internet)

Otherwise, call/contact the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
BuckeyeFan9476
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser turns out, at least according to the Roku customer service rep I spoke with, that even though a new update is available, the update is being rolled out in batches. Apparently my TV just hasn't received the update yet, but should receive it in the coming weeks. We shall see. Thank you for all your help, it was much appreciated 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No - your TV is 2 (TWO) RokuOS versions behind - 9.3 was released in early-mid 2000, and version 10 has been released for some time for all devices.  Something is wrong with the update mechanism for your RokuOS 9.3 install.

You need to use the USB method as described to update RokuOS, and then Disney+ will update.

0 Kudos
BuckeyeFan9476
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser I am unable to use the USB method, the TV recognizes the USB but does not allow me to select the "I can't connect" option even when I disconnect from the  internet. 

0 Kudos
BuckeyeFan9476
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser  just wanted to let you know that today Roku sent an update through my TV that took me from 9.3 to 10.0 and also fixed the Disney+ issue. Thanks again for all your help. It was greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BuckeyeFan9476 

Good - the outdated RokuOS version you had was the source of the Disney+ (and other potential app/etc issues) so its good they addressed it for you.

0 Kudos