Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I remove an App once installed?

How do I remove a Channel App once installed? Searching through the channels on line in my account and selecting one is easy, simply click on "Add Channel" Now I want to remove this channel and there is no option that I am aware of? I want to clean up my home screen from the clutter of channels I do not use. Like Netflix, Sling TV, Etc..

Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: How do I remove an App once installed?

Highlight the channel you want to remove, hit the "*" key, then pick "Remove channel". You can also move it to another place on the screen, force an update check, and rate it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mork_of_ND 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For further clarification to what @andyross mentioned, you will not be able to remove channels through the online channel store. You will need to remove the channel from the Home screen of your Roku device or Roku TV.

For more information about removing channels on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My questions are similar.  I recently subscribed to several channels during the free trial.  I cancelled all except one channel (Great Courses) and have received confirmation of the cancellations which occurred on 6/9/20.  The channels I cancelled remained on the home screen.  When trying to remove them ("*", "remove") ... "remove" is not an option, only "move" or "cancel".  I tried going online to the channel store to "remove" as suggested in another post ... "remove" is also not an option there, but it indicates that I can "activate" which also tells me the cancellation is complete.

Am I in a lag during the cancellation process and will be able to remove them eventually using my remote and home screen?  Or, is something wrong?

I also had another issue.  I tried to "remove" History Vault by highlighting it, "*", etc.  I wasn't reading carefully and even though History Vault was highlighted, I accidentally cancelled Great Courses, which I wanted to keep.  So something is screwy there.  I reactivated Great Courses online.

It seems like my remote and home screen are not working properly.  Any suggestions for that?

0 Kudos