Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How do I "search" in the Roku Channel app?

I installed the channel app on my Samsung TV.  With it, I can scroll through several dozen scrollbars full of select titles.  I can go into my "Settings".  And I can "Log Out".

But I'm looking for a particular thing that can only be seen on Roku, and even though I took the considerable time to scan through all of the literally hundreds of individual offerings, the thing I'm after was not among them.  The website for the channel I'm after specifically says to "search" for it.

So.  Where's the "search"?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do I "search" in the Roku Channel app on Samsung TV?

@Fredas 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you first open the Roku Channel app on your TV, if you scroll up it should take you to the search option.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you for the reply.

When you first open the Roku Channel app on your TV, if you scroll up it should take you to the search option.

Not, evidently, in the current iteration of the software.  The topmost category of video is "Featured".  Above that is the toolbar, wherein we can find the aforementioned "Settings" and "Log Out".  Scrolling above that... causes it to cycle to the bottommost category, "Suspense".

And before you ask, no, moving left of "Settings" or right of "Log Out" does nothing.

I can create a demonstration video for you, if requested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Then its just not available on roku ch app installed on Samsung TV's. Both my Roku tv TCL 43" and Roku Ultra both are version 2.5 build 19 for roku ch, and each has the search box just up from the feature line.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Is this some kind of built-in obsolescence?  There are areas of content on Roku which literally cannot be accessed without the search function.  That sentence by itself is already gobsmacking enough, but if you then tell me, "And by the way, you also don't even get access to the search function on some devices", then, if I may indulge in a bit of euphemism, I am not left with a sparkling impression of the Roku service.