Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjroth1223
Level 7

How do I move Rokus back and forth while being able to see the proper local channels?

We are snowbirds who recently moved to Florida, bought Rokus for our TVs there and subscribed to YouTubeTV.  In doing so, our Roku gave us coverage of the Florida local channels.  Now we are back up north (Illinois) for the winter and took 2 Rokus with us.  We connected them to our home network just fine and it all works, but it still pulls in the Florida channels from YouTubeTV.  How do I get to either switch or add our local Illinois channels?  Is there a way it will automatically "know" the local channels, or do I have to do something manually every time I go back and forth between the two locations?  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I move Rokus back and forth while being able to see the proper local channels?

You are getting your locals through YouTubeTV.  Roku for this is just a conduit, same as your tv.

See if this YouTubeTV page helps:

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129768

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos