Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmmjv
Level 7

How do I get to YouTube home channels?

Jump to solution

When I do a search on YouTube via Roku and I get a big long line of videos under "search results for ..." how do I go to the home channel of one of the videos?

On my laptop I can click on
3.9K subscribers

But I can't do that on Roku. There's no mouse and arrow down just brings it to the video below.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I get to YouTube home channels?

Jump to solution

Not sure if you are still looking for an answer since its been two months, but for others with similar problem.

When you are watching youtube video, you just use your navigation buttons on your remote to interact with the video.  If you pause the video(it is easier) you just use your UP button and you will see the Channel icon pop up (you press OK and will take you to the content provider's homepage where you can subscribe, watch other videos of the creator, etc.)  

In the same screen you selected the Channel, you can also enable Closed Captioning if available, or select the three dots to enable More youtube options (view live chat, Subscribe, Save, Like, etc).

Same prodecure when More Videos appear toward the end of a video on the screen.  Just use your UP arrow and then move around left or right and select the video.

Hope it helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Not sure if you are still looking for an answer since its been two months, but for others with similar problem.

When you are watching youtube video, you just use your navigation buttons on your remote to interact with the video.  If you pause the video(it is easier) you just use your UP button and you will see the Channel icon pop up (you press OK and will take you to the content provider's homepage where you can subscribe, watch other videos of the creator, etc.)  

In the same screen you selected the Channel, you can also enable Closed Captioning if available, or select the three dots to enable More youtube options (view live chat, Subscribe, Save, Like, etc).

Same prodecure when More Videos appear toward the end of a video on the screen.  Just use your UP arrow and then move around left or right and select the video.

Hope it helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mmmjv
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos