Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thongkhin
Level 8

How do I get my channels back?

Jump to solution

I'm sure this is a question that doesn't have a good answer, but here goes. Hope my question is understandable.

I had an older model ROKU and had it set-up with You Tube and specific videos on You Tube. 

I've since purchased a new ROKU and setting it up had to remove the old one because I didn't want to purchase 1 a one year subscription program for content from S.E. Asia. The subscription was transferred to the new ROKU. That also resulted in all of my channels being removed and all new ones installed with the new ROKU activation and now I'm having trouble finding the specific videos on YT that was on the old ROKU.

My question: If I re-connect the old ROKU to a different TV, is there any possibility that what was on my old channel set-up, minus the subscription,  could be reinstated? Or, once the old one is removed, everything is gone with it.

Might seem a stupid question, but it is really important to 3 members of the household who watched those You Tube videos of happenings back in their home country.

Any response welcomed and thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Poterico2
Level 10

Re: How do I get my channels back?

Jump to solution

Which channels do you need that went missing? Did you look in the Roku Channel store?

If not, please see the link: 

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-ca/browse#!

In terms of the old device, just make sure you don't do a factory reset, otherwise you could lose those precious channels.  In another note, if the channels you are looking for are not available, you could stream from your phone through the Roku Mobile app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

It sounds like you have two Roku accounts and the old Roku has not been affected in any way, so it would still work.

I don't understand anything about the subscription.  In the US, Rokus don't require a subscription to anything. ie: you can buy as many as you want and just start streaming stuff. There are certain paid services like Netflix that may limit how many streams you can have operating at once etc. but those are channel-specific things.

0 Kudos
thongkhin
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, just one acct. And you are right, the old ROKU still had all the old programming. I thought it would be transferred to the new ROKU but was wrong on that. So, I switched back to the old ROKU because I had problems with the Streaming Stick +.

Was glad to get the programming back on the old ROKU but when I tried to access the one subscription I had I couldn't until the old one was assigned to the original TV. Called ROKU and they entered the code which got the subscription back but all my You Tube programs/videos were wiped out. Back to square one again.

Thanks for your reply and interest.

Poterico2
Level 10

Jump to solution

Which channels do you need that went missing? Did you look in the Roku Channel store?

If not, please see the link: 

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-ca/browse#!

In terms of the old device, just make sure you don't do a factory reset, otherwise you could lose those precious channels.  In another note, if the channels you are looking for are not available, you could stream from your phone through the Roku Mobile app.

View solution in original post

thongkhin
Level 8

Jump to solution

Consider this solved. 

The videos were You Tube videos of my in-laws home area in Laos. When I upgraded my ROKU, they were not included. 

When I connected my old ROKU to another TV, there they were. Used that until a problem with my new ROKU was solved. Reinstalled my new ROKU and bam, gone again.

But, no problem, My niece in MN had those videos and sent them to my wife on her phone. Copied them and found them on YT and Subscribed. Now in my subscription folder on YT so I won't lose them again.

Thanks for your interest. Have a good day.

0 Kudos