Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How do I get my 3 month free Apple TV after Roku purchase?

I just received my Roku SE. Which is a Walmart Black Friday deal. On the Walmart website it says 3 month free Apple TV. The only reason I bought the Roku, was for this. I haven't had a Roku in many years. However, I followed the setup instructions. Which had me put in my email address. This logged into my old account that I forgot about and apparently activated my device. But I have no idea how I now get the 3 months free Apple TV, I read that you get an activation email? This hasn't happened. And apparently you can't talk to customer service on the Roku website. Makes me really irritated. Amazon would have had a live chat agent & immediately fixed this problem. 

5 Replies
Level 7

Re: How do I get my 3 month free Apple TV after Roku purchase?

I just activated mine tonight also, waiting on a code also. I was going to wait for a day or so but then I saw your post. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I waited several days. I finally was able to talk to I customer service representative via chat. She told me they would send me an email about it. I told her they hadn't yet. She said it would take up to 24 hours to get the email. As of now, it's been 2 days. Yesterday I picked up another Roku for my bedroom. Same deal. I haven't gotten anything from them about The apple TV. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I chatted with somebody last night they their online chat and she said they are waiting for their partner (Apple TV?) To send the codes and I've they get them they will email them out. She didn't know how long it would be

0 Kudos
Level 8

I am waiting for my email as well for the 3 months free of Apple TV.

No email at all and I have my email option turned on in my account!

Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
Level 7

I just received a roku as well. I actually got the email and clicked the link to redeem offer and it took me to a page within roku, but wanted me to buy another roku device. There was no code available anywhere. I also saw some fine print that said something about you have to activate the offer using an apple product like iTunes or mac. Or if you have Microsoft product you can download iTunes. This was all written under the advertisement of the offer. I don't own anything but android or chrome book. Does anyone know if this is correct? I just want to redeem was was advertised. Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos