Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshman1225
Level 7

How do I get a channel back if it's not in the streaming store anymore?

Hi guys so I accidentally deleted a channel and when I went to add it back, it wasn't in the channel store. Is there anyway to get this channel back?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I get a channel back if it's not in the streaming store anymore?

@Joshman1225 

Probably not.

Was it an app you loaded from the Channel Store? Or was it a private/uncertified app you added via a code? If the latter, go back to where you got it and enter the code again.

You didn't say what the app was, so we can only answer generalities without the specifics.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Joshman1225
Level 7

Yes it was from the channel store and It was called favorite sitcoms it had classic TV shows on there. I searched for it but can't find it.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Joshman1225 

Don't get upset, just follow what I'm saying and leading to. You deleted the app. That's normally something you intend to do, and not easily done by accidental, and that's by design.

You have to:

1. highlight the app on the Roku,
  2. then hit the Options button (asterisk),
  3. then scroll up to Remove Channel, t
  4. then confirm that you want to remove it with another scroll up,
  5. and then press OK. Only then is the app removed.

This really isn't often done by accident becasue of the multiple steps you have to take. It's usually intentional, and usually as part of troubleshooting, as remove/reinstall is often recommended as a quick fix for many issues.

So, I'm wondering if there were issues with the app that led you to take the action? If so, it could be that the service to which the app connects is no longer operational. If so, and if you took the recommended steps, then since the app is no longer available, there actually is no fix. And that's the bottom line. The app is no longer available. Unless it was content that violated copyright (and it probably was not), then the app is simply no longer available, probably becasue the developer wasn't making money (advertising or app sales), but you'd need to reach out to them to see why. A developer can remove an app without telling Roku why.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Joshman1225
Level 7

Thank you

0 Kudos