Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spearce
Level 7

How do I get TCM if I discontinue Directv and use Roku?

Is there a way to download/watch TCM (Turner Classic Movies) if I go with streaming #Roku?  We currently have Directv.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I get TCM if I discontinue Directv and use Roku?

I can't say for certain which might work, but there are streaming services that offer many of the so called "cable" channels. You might check YouTube TV or Sling TV for their channel selection. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

TCM only streams to people who are already paying for it through a TV provider subscription, like your DirecTV.

That provider can be any of several services that includes TCM that you can get on Roku.  Services I've found that include TCM are Sling, YouTube TV, Hulu plus Live TV, and ATT Now. If you subscribe to any of these through Roku you will only be able to access it on your Roku.  If you subscribe directly with the service on its website, you'll be able to view it on Roku and any other system supported by the service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

I've also seen that many TCM movies are available through HBO Max.

0 Kudos