Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LillianRoot
Level 7

How do I get ROKU to add Spectrum as a Provider, so I can stream CNN??

Hello All,

I am trying to send a message to Roku concerning installing an App on my Roku.  I found that CNN is an APP.  So to install it I put in a code, of which I did, but then I have to select a Provider.  Well Spectrum who is my internet provider does Not have an agreement with Roku.  So therefore it will Not let me install the App.  That is why I am trying to send a message to Roku requesting they get an agreement with Spectrum so the Apps that I want can be streamed through the Roku device. 

Hopefully someone has the answer to this issue.  Just want to sent an email to Roku for the requests.

Thank-you,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: How do I get ROKU to add Spectrum as a Provider, so I can stream CNN??

Roku and Spectrum are going through disagreement at this time, they had contract with each other but it expired. Anyways having Spectrum Interenet will not get you the channels, you have to have a subscription to cable package to  receive channels through roku. That's when they finally have agreement. 

Edmund
0 Kudos