Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

How do I contact Classic Reel about ongoing "loading" issues.

I would like to communicate with the providers of the Classic Reel Channel.  I love the old movies but they provide, but a problem with loading the movies forced me to unsubscribe from this channel.

If I could find a way to contact them maybe they could look into the issue.

15 REPLIES 15
commercialfree
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I contact Classic Reel about ongoing "loading" issues.

I am also wondering about this. I realize it is only $2.99 a month, but I would gladly pay more for it not to buffer. This channel is for my 80 year old parents and it is SO HARD to find classics on streaming channels. I feel I will have to delete this as well. It is CONSTANTLY buffering, and I know it is not my internet as all the other channels we stream are fine. I hope we can reach / contact the developer! 

commercialfree
Reel Rookie

I found the number and I left a message. Maybe if we all leave a message they will try to fix it?

208-254-0535

SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

I did contact them and spoke to nice person.  He said that over the past couple of months there have been many new subscribers which has put a load on their servers.  They are moving to a new servers and as of last week they were about 18% complete.  Newly added movies are already on the new server and should play without interruption.  So far this has been true for me.

my classic reel is loading a lot again, why

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ninacibulski 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Accordionist13
Channel Surfer

Re: How do I contact Classic Reel about ongoing "loading" issues. AND FOR ANY OTHER ISSUES

if we pay subscription to a channel, we should have an email address and responsible people to address comments, questions, or issues.

further, any tv viewing should adhere to fcc rules and must have closed captioning

roku, you facilitated the viewing from classic reels, thank you, but we should get an email address to communicate with classic reels.

davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: How do I contact Classic Reel about ongoing "loading" issues. AND FOR ANY OTHER ISSUES

FYI - FCC rules apply only to broadcast media, not streaming media.

0 Kudos
Accordionist13
Channel Surfer

Streaming didn't exist when this law was published, HOWEVER, the LAW READS:

"FCC Closed Captioning Requirements for TV"

WHICH MEANS, IF IT GOES THROUGH TV, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE IS COMING FROM!

0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

"AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO COMMUNICATE WITH CLASSIC REELS"

Classic Reels and Classic Reel are not the same company. If you go to Classic Reels website they do have way to contact them; assuming, of course, that is the company that you wish to complain too.  If you scroll up a few posts you will see a phone number to contact Classic Reel which is the company that streams through Roku.

0 Kudos