Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentallyabused
Level 7

How do I choose between two channels with the same number?

I live in an area that has two 5-1 channels one for fox Vegas and one for CBS Phoenix. How do I choose between the two. The Vegas one isn't listed in my guide and yes the signal is strong. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I choose between two channels with the same number?

I assume you're using a Roku TV. There is no manual method of selecting an OTA channel number. You can only select channels listed in your OTA guide. And your guide will only be populated with the channels that it can scan. Since no local market station is permitted to use the came virtual channel number as another station, you're out of luck tuning it with a Roku TV. There can be only one 5.1 channel. With a TV that has the ability to manually enter a channel number, you might be able to turn the actual RF channel number, rather than the virtual number the station uses to identify itself.

When the transition to digital OTA TV occurred, almost every station changed their actual RF channel number, but kept using the same virtual channel label so users wouldn't be confused. Your Las Vegas channel 5.1 is on VHF channel 9, while the Phoenix channel 5.1 is using UHF channel 17.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos