Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kest

How do I change the account logged into a specific channel

How on earth do you force this *lovely* device to change what account is logged into a specific channel? Someone was visiting me and added a couple channels (disney, netflix) with their account info to see if I liked them enough to subscribe. Now we absolutely cannot get the *#&!* Roku to forget their log-in info so I can use my own.

I've tried removing the channels multiple times from both website and the device, doing a factory re-set on the device itself, etc.

I really, really don't want to have to delete my entire roku account and create a new one from scratch...and frankly if I need to I'll just buy a firestick so I don't have to deal with this again.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: How do I change the account logged into a specific channel

Relax first of all. This has nothing to do with Roku. They don’t make Disney or Netflix. So do you not want Netflix and Disney+? You don’t want to subscribe to them? Or do you subscribe to them and want to log in as you and not your friend? This isn’t a Roku issue. If you trying to log your friend out of Netflix do this: 

How to Sign Out of Netflix on a Roku TV
  1. From your Roku TV, launch Netflix.
  2. Using the left arrow on your remote, open the menu and scroll down until you see “Get Help.” Select this option.
  3. From the list of options that appear on your screen, select “Sign Out.”
  4. Confirm your action by pressing “Yes”

To log out of Disney+ select the profile of your friend. Scroll over to the left menu. Scroll down to settings. Select log out

Everything you need to know is right inside the channels themselves. You also could have called your friend and ask them to log out of all devices from within their Netflix account and Disney account.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kest wrote:

How on earth do you force this *lovely* device to change what account is logged into a specific channel?... (disney, netflix) 

On Netflix, you go to the menu on the left, scroll all the way down, then over to the right to Get Help. In that, there is a Sign Out option.

The Netflix app works that way on both Roku and Fire TV. That's how Netflix designed their app.

For Disney Plus, scroll down from the header carousel to the menu of icons. On the left is the sidebar. Go there. Scroll down to Settings. In there is Log Out. Just like it is on Fire TV devices, because that's how Disney designed the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@DBDukes  I already give logout instructions to Kest about an hour ago 

0 Kudos