Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I access to Roku channel/content in Canada with a U.S Roku account?

Jump to solution

I have a U.S Roku account and moved to Canada. I am unable to access any channels (Prime, HBO etc) in Canada due to "geographic restrictions", including the Roku channel.  I have figured out the issue with the non-Roku channels and know I need to sign up for new Canadian access.  However, how do I get access to Roku channel and content in Canada?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: How do I access to Roku channel/content in Canada with a U.S Roku account?

Jump to solution

Certainly, you can still use a Roku in Canada. There's no way to "log out" of your Roku account on the device itself, so you have to do a hard reset and set it up as a brand new device. There's a reset option in the menu, or you can press the hidden reset button on the back for 30 seconds or longer to reset it.

Yes, create a new Canada-based user account, and you'll be able to use everything that's legally available in Canada. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

You can't, and any workarounds are not permitted to be discussed here. Sorry. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan.  Not looking for a workaround...I have moved to Canada and would like to continue using my Roku.  Can I cancel my  U.S account and create a new Canadian one so I can keep using my Roku device?  Or do I just throw my Roku out as I can't use it from Canada?

Level 21

Jump to solution

Certainly, you can still use a Roku in Canada. There's no way to "log out" of your Roku account on the device itself, so you have to do a hard reset and set it up as a brand new device. There's a reset option in the menu, or you can press the hidden reset button on the back for 30 seconds or longer to reset it.

Yes, create a new Canada-based user account, and you'll be able to use everything that's legally available in Canada. 

Dan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes i have had the same issue. Now the downside  to all this is Canada are such woosies they do not allow alot of USA based shows or networks..HULU being one and Amazon. I have an amazon.ca account  but it does not work on here..BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

0 Kudos