Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superjod
Level 7

How can i add Apple tv in my old Tv Box Roku 420ITT ?

Hello everyone.

I have a really old roku device, the version is Tv Box Roku 420ITT , I was wondering, is there any way to install apple tv app into it? i don't know, maybe through developer mode? how can i do it? thanks a lot in advance

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can i add Apple tv in my old Tv Box Roku 420ITT ?

@superjod wrote:

Hello everyone.

I have a really old roku device, the version is Tv Box Roku 420ITT , I was wondering, is there any way to install apple tv app into it? i don't know, maybe through developer mode? how can i do it? thanks a lot in advance

Are you sure about that model number? Settings > System > About : Model 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
superjod
Level 7

@DBDukes Sorry it was 1, not I , it was a rebranded version for NOW TV (Sky). Version is 4201 TT .

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@superjod 

The 42xx series were Roku 3, or Roku 3 on the inside. If it has standard software, it would be expected to run Apple TV app, if it's in the U.S.

Not all apps are supported by the app developers outside the U.S. I'm uncertain if Apple TV is supported in the UK, which is where the Now TV boxes were generally sold.

The Now TV boxes had a variant of the Roku software initially. I don't know that they ever replaced the special software with full Roku standard. If not, that may prevent the apps from loading. Even then, it may not work if the developer omitted 4201 in its list of supported devices.

Roku may have more information regarding the possibility of Apple TV running on the 4201 box. We may need to wait to hear from @RokuDanny-R or one of the others to know for certain.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

superjod
Level 7

@DBDukes  #If i am outside US is there a way to see if the app is available through VPN? Oh i also forgot to mention i have another roku device, it's a usb smart stick 381TT , but still no Apple tv ( i have everything else , Prime , disney, netflix etc)

Ps: how can i add to this thread 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@superjod wrote:

Ps: how can i add to this thread 

You just did.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@superjod wrote:

@DBDukes  #If i am outside US is there a way to see if the app is available through VPN? Oh i also forgot to mention i have another roku device, it's a usb smart stick 381TT , but still no Apple tv ( i have everything else , Prime , disney, netflix etc)

No VPN help here, sorry.

If Apple isn't authorizing their app on Roku outside the US, that's Apple's decision.

DBDukes

0 Kudos