Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddNJ
Reel Rookie

How can I remove channels on one roku, not all?

We have 3 rokus, one is older.   I recently cleaned up channels from the older roku to try to speed it up, this resulted in the channels being removed from our other rokus.   How can I avoid this?

I'd like to manage channels per device, individually

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I remove channels on one roku, not all?

Can't be done.  The only way to have different channels on different Roku devices is to have each one linked to a different account.  As you've noticed, adding/removing a channel from one device will add/remove it from all devices linked to the same account.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ToddNJ
Reel Rookie

Unfortunate

tonyizzo

How does one report something like this to Roku as a bug?

AChanceFind
Streaming Star

If you are using a gmail as the email for your account I believe you should be able to "fake" a different account even though it's the same gmail address but with a dot somewhere in the username part of the email. For example   xxxyyy@gmail is the same address as xxx.yyy@gmail.com . I think this would be a different account on the roku side but still one account on the email side so at least you don't have to go creating new emails just to differentiate out a roku account. I have not tried this but it's a just an idea as I know a few people who use the "dot" trick when they use gmail as accounts for different things. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@tonyizzo wrote:

How does one report something like this to Roku as a bug?

It's not a bug.  It's the desired behavior.  There's a big difference.  But... it's been reported as something many desire dozens of times over the years, so there's no doubt Roku is aware.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mduffy215
Reel Rookie

What is going on with Roku???!!!  Why has this basic feature not been implemented???!!  Do they not care about customer service???  Have they become so self-satisfied with their success that they no longer care about their customers???  I am a software engineer.  This feature cannot be that hard to implement.  Come on Roku!!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mduffy215,

We appreciate your contact and feature request.

Currently, if you link multiple Roku devices to a single Roku account, the channels and purchases will be the same on each device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel.

I've provided some links below to go into further detail:

How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices? | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Many thanks,
Mary

Lynd1

I can't unlock a tv show through the satellite provider with my user id and password because the password is generated through said provider everytime it's used I pay for Roku premium I'm not tech savvy

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Lynd1

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you having issues accessing content because of your login credentials? Please tell us more about your concern. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos