Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How can I disable “Are you still watching” for my streams, and avoid EAS drills?

We usually sleep with the TV on, but are unable to use a cable box due to distruptive and repeated Emergency Alert Service drills that play at e dead of night.

Services like Hulu and Netflix turn off after 3 episodes of inactivity. We want to be able to have TV playing in the background like a cable box without it turning off, going to a dark screen, or running into EAS. We tried YouTube episode livestream but there are only so many 24/7 live-streams available, and less that don’t loop the same couple of episodes.

How do we disable this on Roku TV? Are there any Roku streaming channels that can play indefinitely and without turning off or eventually only playing audio like Cartoon Network, Disney, Food Network, DirectTV Now, that also aren’t subject to EAS?

We tried going to settings > network but “Disable bandwidth saver” is not an option on my Roku TV

0 Kudos