Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How about a feature to random play music in media player?

Jump to solution

I discovered I can play songs on a flash drive in the USB port of my ROKU. How about a feature to play songs in random order? That would be nice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: How about a feature to random play music in media player?

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note! There are a few options for playing your local media content on Roku, including Roku Media Player, Plex, and Emby, for example, which may offer differing options for file management or playback. 

You might check out additional channel options to see if any of those offer the features you're looking for. If not, feel free to drop by the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community and share your thought. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note! There are a few options for playing your local media content on Roku, including Roku Media Player, Plex, and Emby, for example, which may offer differing options for file management or playback. 

You might check out additional channel options to see if any of those offer the features you're looking for. If not, feel free to drop by the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community and share your thought. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This does not answer the question or solve the problem...the Roku media player is broken because of a software update...the option button used to work and random play worked when pressing the options button during playback but does not work now...a broken system driving buyers to other players...

0 Kudos